What Is Tourism Management Major?
Tourism management is a very wide definition and there are different branches involved. In general, students of this field have a journey all around the world by exploring diverse cultures, customs and behaviors while at the same time implementing business ideas into a particular field.
Subjects Students Are Going to Study
This subject concentrates on courses including history, travel, language, and other cultural aspects. There are many more courses which are focused on developing students’ creativity skills, research techniques and analytical thinking.
There is no math enrolled in this course just because students will be mostly dealing with people of different nationalities and personalities.
Here are 9 variety types & topic of tourism courses:
- An Introduction to Tourism Course
- Tourism Courses in Marketing & Promotion
- Sustainability in Tourism Courses
- Cultural Tourism Courses
- Event Planning & Management in Tourism
- Tourism Courses on Development & Economics
- Financial Management Tourism Courses
- Economic Development & Tourism Management
- Tourism Courses on Product Development
What Student should be prepared?
The tourism industry is an example of a service industry, so most positions are going to require excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; besides, students need problem-solving skills, good time management skills and a capacity to collaborate with others.
To become a tourism manager, students must have good organizational skills, flexibility, communication, commitment, strong work ethic, and leadership skills.
What do students do after finishing this major?
It provides students the training of becoming experts in management of travel, tour, and hospitality industry.
Some people tend to think Tourism Management is only about selling holiday packages, yet it’s a big mistake! There is a broad range of career opportunities; students can work as hotel manager, event organizer, public relations manager, financial executive, travel agent, etc.
University Offer Major of Tourism
- East Asia Management University (EAMU)
- ATP School of Hospitality and Tourism (ATP)
- Limkokwing University
- Human Resource University (HRU)
- National University of Management (NUM)
- Asia Euro University (AEU)
- Cambodia University of Specialties (CUS)
- Western University
- National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia (NPIC)
- Phnom Penh International University (PPIU)
- American University of Phnom Penh (AUPP)
- Royal Tourism of Phnom Penh (RUPP)
- Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC)
- Kirirom Institute of Technology (KIT)