What is IBDP?
The IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program) is a two-year international high school curriculum system that provides a well-selected international degree program to prepare students for university readiness and recognition. World-renowned universities.
Students in the IBDP system are required to choose from six subjects with a group of subject classes:
- Studies in language and literature have subjects such as language and literature in more than 55 languages, including Khmer
- Language acquisition: There are subjects in a foreign language, such as a foreign language for beginners and advanced foreign language classes (for students who have studied a foreign language before).
- Individuals and societies: Social science subjects such as geography, history, politics, psychology, and economics.
- Science: Real science subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, etc.
- Mathematics: Mathematics with analytical mathematics and mathematics studied in everyday life
- The Arts* : Dance, music, visual arts, theater, movies, and more. (* Students can study other subjects instead of the 6th group subject (The Arts) by simply selecting the above 5 subject groups instead.)
- All subjects are divided into 2 levels, a standard level, and a higher level
- Students must choose 6 subjects from each subject group, 3 subjects are standard-level subjects and 3 subjects are advanced subjects.
- Students are required to complete 3 core areas to complete the IBDP
- Theory of Knowledge: The study of the nature of knowledge similar to philosophy (Philosophy)
- Extended Essay: this is an independent university research work on a subject that interests you no more than 4,000 words.
- Creativity, Activity, Service: Extracurricular activities that students choose to do outside of school, could be a project in school and community or a hobby.
- There are some schools in Phnom Penh that provide the IBDP education system in Cambodia, such as the International School of Phnom Penh (ISPP), Northbridge International School Cambodia (NISC)
- The schools that provide the IBDP education system are rich in multi-ethnic and expensive foreign students.