Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (Kyoto University / Japan)
[Call for Additional Recruitment] 2022-23
September 20, 2022
The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) provides young Asian scholars the opportunity to study abroad at one of 6 partner Universities (including Kyoto University) located across the five cities in East Asia.
Number of recipients
Approximately 5, throughout the university
Term: Maximum of 2 years (extension not possible)
Monthly amount: Approximately 150,000 Japenese Yen. An amoint equivalent to 535,800 Japanese Yen to cover tuition for one year and 282,000 Japanese Yen to cover admission fees shall be paid seperately
Selection Criteria (For more details, please see the application guodelines)
- Students from East, Southeast, and South Asia, except Japan
- Students who expect to enroll in a master's degree program
- Take part in enrichment programs to exchange ideas and learn ablout cultural diversity
- Commitment to attending the BXAI Summer Program
- High Proficiency in English
- Applicant should possess:
- Strong personal integrity
- Propensity for international and intercultural understanding
- Compassion and willingness to serve
Students are free to apply for this scholarship directly.
The application guidelines and other required documents are available from the following website:
Application period is from October 18 (Tue) to November 1 (Tue), 2022 (closes at 17:00 p.m. Japan time).
Applicants will need to pass the entrance examination in addition to proceeding with their application for AFLSP.
The details of admission procedures differ depending on the graduate school.
The applicants should carefully check the application deadline and procedures of the graduate schools, as some need to be applied before AFLSP application.
Furthermore, there are some graduate schools have already closed the application for enrollment in April 2023.
For any enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org